Jovetic snubbed Juve and City



Related Post





Stevan Jovetic has confirmed that he rejected summer offers from Juventus and Manchester City in order to stay at Fiorentina.

The Italian champions made numerous attempts to sign the Montenegro international, while City also made an approach.

“I never felt a long way away from Fiorentina, but I did feel that my future was in the balance,” the forward told the Gazzetta dello Sport.

“When so many rumours are flying around, there is always a touch of truth in it.

“I spoke to President Della Valle and he convinced me to stay, but we set off from a good base as I already knew that I would remain.

“Juventus did come after me with some insistence and it is normal to think about it when you hear certain things – the chance to play in the Champions League, you have the faith of the club and the fact that you will be placed at the centre of a project.

“However, there was no reason to go to Turin for that as I’m already here. I love this city and this club and that is why I could never betray them by going to [rivals] Juventus.”

As well as the Old Lady, Jovetic was also targeted by Roberto Mancini’s Manchester City. “I stopped that negotiation,” he added.

“By the time they had made their move from England I had already decided that I would be staying in Florence.

“Am I happy to still be here? Absolutely and I have no regrets. The objective here is to get back into Europe and I won’t leave here until this club is competing at the levels it should be.”

The 22-year-old has three goals in two Serie A games so far this term.


Responses

0 Respones to "Jovetic snubbed Juve and City"

Post a Comment

 
pagerank search engine optimization
Back on top Copyright © 2010 - 2012 | Bunabi