Toni fired up for Fiorentina



Related Post




Luca Toni says he didn’t hesitate in returning to former club Fiorentina when they made him a transfer deadline day offer.

The Viola swooped for the 35-year-old former international after their proposed swoop for Dimitar Berbatov collapsed.

“I’m back in a city and at a club where a lot has changed, but it doesn’t seem like I have been away for six years,” he stated.

“When there was a concrete possibility that I could have re-joined Fiorentina I instantly accepted. It is not easy to return to a place where you have done well, but I’m happy and fired up.

“I wasn’t interested in the contract details. I just wanted to play football.”

Toni, a World Cup winner in 2006, was available on a free transfer after some problematic spells at Juventus and then Al Nasr.

“Something certainly didn’t work at Juventus if I left. A really good Coach in Antonio Conte arrived and it seemed, at first, that I was part of the project. Then things changed and I decided for a change.

“I then had a contract in the UAE, but I didn’t find the type of football I was expecting. I still have the desire to play and do well.”

The former Palermo ace spent two years with Fiorentina, scoring 49 goals in 71 games, before a 2007 switch to Bayern Munich.

“I’ve been training in Modena and Fiorentina have found me in good shape,” he added. “Saying that, I’m obviously not match fit.

“Vincenzo Montella is a Coach who works a lot with the ball and that pleases all players. The first thing he asked me was how heavy I was,” he laughed.

“I’ll just give my all whether that be for one minute, 10 minutes or 90 minutes. The Coach will decide when I play.”


Responses

0 Respones to "Toni fired up for Fiorentina"

Post a Comment

 
pagerank search engine optimization
Back on top Copyright © 2010 - 2012 | Bunabi