Vargas on Genoa, Florence & Gila



Related Post





New Genoa signing Juan Manuel Vargas can't wait to don a Rossoblu jersey after completing his move from Fiorentina this morning.

The dynamic left winger struggled to replicate his impressive 2010-11 form during the remainder of his time in Tuscany, but is grateful to the club and the city.

“A huge thank you to Fiorentina and the city of Florence,” said the Peruvian international on Genoa's official website.

“The past four years have been very special for me. My daughter was born in Florence and playing with the team was a huge honour for me.

“I have trained well and am in good condition, just not exactly at 100% at this moment. I would like to thank Genoa and the Coach, and I am curious to see what it feels like to wear this special jersey.”

Vargas is especially excited about playing once again with former Viola colleagues Ruben Olivera and Sebastien Frey, but probably won't be reunited with Alberto Gilardino seeing as the striker is tipped to join Bologna.

“Olivera and Frey were friends in Florence and I look forward to talking to them again. I also looked forward to seeing Gilardino again. He is a jerk to leave us at this time if I am honest!”

The 28-year-old moves to the Stadio Luigi Ferraris on a season long loan, with an option to make the switch permanent next June. Nenad Tomovic was also involved in the swap deal, transferring in the opposite direction on a co-ownership deal.


Responses

0 Respones to "Vargas on Genoa, Florence & Gila"

Post a Comment

 
pagerank search engine optimization
Back on top Copyright © 2010 - 2012 | Bunabi